Sooner State Games 5K

SECOND PLACE IN MY AGE GROUP!! WOOHOO!!! This is the first time I have ever placed! Not only that, but it was also a new personal record for me! Yeah! Go me!

25:25
50% age group....... this is where I fess up and tell you, there were only 4 of us.
22% females
Course and Elevation Profile.

This race had a lot of firsts in it for me. PR, first medal, first time to see another barefoot runner, and the first time I really felt like a runner. I've been going to a lot of meetings and group practices, so I'm beginning to get to know people. I showed up and people remembered who I was (okay, mostly cause I'm the only barefoot woman they probably know), but it felt good. Especially after a lady at the Triokc meeting made a snarky remark, but I won't get into that.

Another first, a girl, much younger than me, who I passed (she passed me at the very end), came up to me at afterwards and thanked me for telling her "good job" when I passed her. She said it was the encouragement she needed to keep going and to put it all out there in the end. I have never had someone thank me for encouragement before. It was really great :) All the more reason I feel all runners should have a smile on their face and say something nice to every person they see! Whether it be good job, looking great, doing awesome, almost there, or anything you can think of to lift the person up and keep them from thinking about what hurts. I usually don't do this as much as running events. It's something I picked up more from the sprint tri and the trail running events I did, but I will definately be doing this more from here out!

All in all this was a really nice small race!
Pros:
Had no problems getting my packet or chip, they seemed very well organized.
Nice shirt, bag had some neat pins in it.
Really nice medal! :)
I dropped my glasses and the turn around, the girl said she'd take them back to the start with her and the guy with her actually found me in the crowd and gave them back to me while they were giving out the awards! I couldn't believe it! Totally awesome young people working this event!!

Cons:
Water, I wish they (and every other 5K) had the water stop around the mile mark instead of 1.5. There are people that will take an hour and they deserve water more than once.
They did have two people calling out 10K left and 5K right. Maybe they could hold some signs next year cause I had to focus on one of them and ask, I couldn't understand between the two of them yelling.