Warrior Dash North Texas, Roanoke, TX

32:07.9
4.6% of age group
13.5% overall

What a great way to make a 5K more interesting! The obstacles were not too hard, they were just right and fun to do! The moment you get out of the crowd's sight we went chest deep through a small river, then on to some small walls and under barbed wire, through a storage container, then the tire field, over cars, more tires, Monster wall that was probably 15-20 foot high, balance beams, bungee spiderweb, pitch black tunnel, hanging cargo netting (like stretch flat so you had to crawl over it, but I walked across the support beam instead :p ), hay bale tower, cargo net climb,  floating log jump, fire jump and mud pit crawl under barbed wire. It was so much fun! We're planning on another.

I wish I had known about the bag check, you have a tag on your bib you hand to them, you put all your stuff in a plastic bag, hand it to their volunteers who keep it in a confined space until you come back to get it. If I'd known that I would have brought my change of clothes and towel. I wish they'd explained that better on the website. Oh and let's not forget the "hoses" they had available to rinse off were two guys with industrial size hoses on top of a storage unit, spraying into the crowd of people. The water smelled awful, I think I should have left the mud on. I'm sure there were living things in that water, I hope no one gets sick.

All in all though I had a great time with my friends!

Pros:
Nice shirt, nice medal, cool hat (my kids like it, it's too small for my head)
Fun course

Cons:
There was only one water stop at the half way point (some people took an hour to do it! There should be more water, shame!)
The bananas were green - tasted like crap.
The food to buy afterwards was expensive.