Redbud 10K

1:10:43
64% age group
63% female
Course and Elevation Profile.

H - O - T .... Maybe even as hot as last year.
I ran barefoot.... hindsight... not a wise choice. I'd only ran barefoot 3 times this year and while one of those was a 5 miler, it was not a day that melted tar on the road, nor was is such a horribly surfaced road that it made my feet scream. Two miles in I step in some tar and while it was not hot enough to burn me, I realized I had made a poor choice and moved to the grass. My body was absolutely ready for this race. I had no problems running up the hill I had to walk last year. As the finish came into sight and my body said "GO!" My feet replied "HELL NO!" hobble, hobble..... at least I made it to the end, finishing in almost the exact same time as last year. I could have done this course barefoot without a second thought at the end of last year. My feet went too soft after 3 months off. Oh well.

Pros -
Lots of water stops, very well placed. Lots of volunteers this year, more so than last year, they were working fast to get water to everyone. I remember there being lines last year for water. They did great!
Awesome neighbors, lots of people out cheering, spraying the hoses, gave the race an awesome aura
Shirt, medal, food, massage

Cons -
NEED MORE TOILETS. I waited in line for 30 minutes, nearly missed the start!
Road surface is awful, definitely wearing my bikilas next year.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/78470551