St Paddy's of the Great Plains 8K

46:34
30% age group
35% female
Course and Elevation Profile.

Fun race. Lots of goofy costumes and lots of people there to have a good time. They had a local track team in costumes cheering everyone on, which was odd, but they were wonderfully enthusiastic. There was a few kid friendly games at the start line and a fun run that started after most all the runners were in. Panera Bread and Kolache Kitchen provided food at the start which was awesome! I love Kolache Kitchen! I wish Panera would only bring cinnamon crunch (maybe a half box of a couple other flavors would be okay), the other bagels looked untouched when it was all over with but they were out of cinnamon crunch. The asiago bagel also needs to be right beside the cinnamon crunch so that mistakes are not made. It's a bit of a shock to get a sharp cheese when you're expecting sweet. It was a conversation starter though, apparently I was not the only one who made that mistake.

Anyway, the race course was flat, well marked, the shirt was cool, and there was green beer and pizza afterwards!!

Negatives - NEED MORE WATER. In case you didn't notice I'm a big advocate for more water stops. It's better for there to be too much water offered than not enough. I can see why there were so many people with water belts on at this race, apparently other people had clued in. There was one stop you passed twice on the back half of the course. I understand it's more efficient to have one stop that is passed twice, but it makes for off timing of water stops in my opinion.

I wish there were more barefoot runners here. People looked at me like I was crazy. Only caught two stick burrs, was able to shake one off, ran with the other for about a 1/4 mile but it wasn't about to come out on it's own. I stopped fast enough that is didn't really show in the gps data.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/73848825