2010 Race Results

Williams Route 66 Half Marathon
2:29:30 (10K - 1:05:07) (15K - 1:45:06)
58% female
68% age group


Me after my first half marathon. I bonked at 8 miles. I carried the gatorade bottle in my hand the entire race and drank barely any of it. I craved water through the entire race. I wish I had known that was a sign of dehydration. I was not happy with my first half, then I saw the man that was my age die on the course. I was not far behind it and looked up in time to see another runner jump on him to start CPR. At that point I decided it didn't matter what time I finished in, I was thankful to finish. They have food and beer at the finish. A really nice medal. The course is hilly, deceptively hilly. Beware OKC runners that choose to go do it, definitely go run around Arcadia lake to prepare.

Alfalfa Bill Century Ride.... that wasn't
46 miles 2:50, ride got rained out

Honestly, I don't remember what this was raising money for..... It was an interesting ride with some good cookies at the start..... The half I did had some great scenery. I do remember the roads being very busy with very rude drivers on it. I don't think I will do this one again.
Komen 5K
27:56
25% female
28% age group (gun time, not chip time)


This is the Allegiance Credit Union group I ran with, I'm the odd one out in grey toward the back. Joined a little late to get a shirt, which wasn't a big deal to me. Here's the thing about the Cure run, if you want to have a PR or don't like weaving in and out of people you will have to push your way to the front before the start. Most of the people are there to support the cause, so if you are wanting a true race start at the front. It is crowded. If I remember right the water stops were not quite large enough to handle the amount of people going through. So if you want to support a great cause and get some neat goodies afterwards do this run. If you want a race, don't do this run.

Tye-Die Triathlon (500m,12m,5K)
1:26:13 (11:31, 42:06, 30:21)
30% female
29% age group

This is the OCCC triathlon group of 2010. Mike and Marleen are the coaches up front. They came out to support all of us doing the Tie-Dye Tri. This tri was a bit of a mess. They were well organized except when it came to bike course. The leads missed the turn back for the funky second loop and got DQd. So if you choose to do this one, make sure you understand the loops of the bike course BEFORE going out there. The bike and run course is flat. The battle the day we did it was the wind. This was my first triathlon. I would do this one again and I think it is a good one for first timers.

Midnight Streak 5K
30:36
24% female
21% age group (gun time, not chip time)

This race is a lot of fun! It is kind of hard to see the road at some points, it has some slopes if I remember right. There is a prerace massage which felt wonderful! I don't remember the water stops or if there was anything to eat after. The tech shirt we got was good quality though.

Spin Your Wheels Metric Century
4:07 not a race, but a great ride for a great cause.

Slightly hilly, but not awful, mostly flat. I'll be doing this one again in the morning, only the 100 mile this time. Subway sandwiches to eat afterwards, lots of food stuffs to fuels up with at the start. Lots of water stops with stuff to drink and eat, but I do remember the pickles being gone at the turn around point by the time I got there.

Red Bud Classic 10K
1:11:28
61% female
63% age group

Okay, you can look at my review from the 2011 redbud for whatever you want to know. I will simply say here, I will not do the redbud run again.