Route 66 Splash N Dash

26:01
1st in age group!! Woohoo!!
6/16 female
31/55 overall
470mSwim: 9:32    T1: 0:18   2mRun:16:09


This was a great, small event. I think things like this would be great for a beginner. Someone just starting out in triathlons, but not sure if they are ready for a sprint yet. The atmosphere cannot be matched. It's a bunch of friends getting together for a group workout then a cookout. The tri okc people are friendly and entertaining! They have splash n dash events every month in the summer, this was one of only two sanctioned SnD's for the year, the rest are free. Definitely check out Tri OKC and show up for one of these things!

Okay, so I only got first in age group because the real 1st place was top female. Does that still count? Felt great. I did have butterflies in my stomach at the start, but they disappeared once the swim was underway. Honestly have nothing bad to say about this one, it's hard to find something bad about an extremely short event like this, especially when they feed you afterwards :) I think there was water on the run.... I don't remember now, the weekend has melted my mind, more on the rest of the Route 66 events to come.