Lighthouse Sprint Triathlon

1:22:20
4 of 10 age group
15 of 64 females
500m S:10:15   T1: 0:48    13m B:41:40    T2: 0:28    5K R: 29:12
Bike Course and Elevation coming soon

Course:
Bike - Flat. It's around hefner, you don't get any flatter. You have to go up over the Hefner Parkway bridge, but other than that, it's like riding a trainer.
Run - Mostly flat. There was one very small hill. As for barefooters there was one spot with some gravel across the road. There was also a small stint of pretty course asphalt, but it probably wasn't more than a quarter of a mile.

Pros:
T-shirt.
I heard they let you practice swim for free for a couple weeks before the tri.
The course is flat.
There was plenty of water stops on the run! Yeah!
Hot dogs and burgers afterwards.

Cons:
Website information. You have to go to the calender on their website which only gives you the course map and the link to sign up. There is not enough information on the website or the signup site. No timeline for race day. I showed up at 5 and the guy had to make a phone call asking when transition would open. He then had to call again to ask when we asked about the start for practice swim.

No courtesy email reminding people about packet pickup. Everyone does this now. I guess I've gotten too used to the fun rides and runs picking up packet on race day. I forgot about it until a friend called me about an hour before it ended.

5 second swim start! Why? You'd have thought they'd have learned from last year and all the complaining, swimming head first into each other, and swearing off this race as a never again. I was lucky enough to have put in a far too fast swim time so I only had two people pass me and relatively little congestion. There was around 100 people fewer this year than last and I still heard about congestion problems in the pool.


This is not my photo, I stole it, but I was already on the course at this point and have no photos to show of me, so haha, if any of you are reading this and want me to take your pic off my blog let me know and I'll photoshop you out of it. Left to right, Kari, Christin, Terri, and Amy waiting for their swim to start.


Personal:
I knew this was not going to be a PR for me. I hadn't swam or run in two weeks, hadn't rode in a week. I didn't feel good going into it. I just wanted to have a good time. I saw a lot of familiar faces which is a great thing about the triathlon community around here. It made me sad this was probably the last tri for me this year! In the end I felt great during the whole thing, it was a great race for me. I had a great time and didn't hurt myself :) I felt absolutely awesome on the bike, good on the swim, and I was sub 30 on the run. Can't beat that for two weeks without running. I put it all out there and am extremely pleased. I think this may have been the first race I didn't wonder "Why am I doing this?" Maybe I have said that before, but I really did have a great time :) I enjoyed cheering on my friends. I probably would do this one again, but I will definitely put in a too fast swim time to avoid the backup :p